Vatican Mosaic School tour
Not every knows that inside St. Peter’s there are no paintings at all: its walls are decorated with spectacular mosaics. It is for this reason that a visit to the Mosaic School (or Studio) is one of the most fascinating and exclusive visits in the Vatican.
In the work rooms located next to Casa Santa Marta (the hostel where the Pope has chosen to live) you can admire the painstaking work of the artisans and restorers that are not only responsible for the preservation of the Vatican’s artistic riches, but also for the creation of those works of art, of all sizes, that the Pope offers as gifts to Heads of State when he visits them on official trips.
At the end of the visit you will also have the chance to buy one of the small objects made by these mosaic masters.
DURATIONApprox. 1hr 15min
RESERVED ENTRYAvoid the queue to enter the Basilica
GROUPSSmall groups guaranteed (max. 10 people)
GUIDED TOUROfficial Vatican guides (St. Peter’s Basilica)
Departs from: St Peter’s Square –Vatican City
Meeting point: The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of the square, OUTSIDE the colonnade, in front of the Vatican Post Office (see map). Our staff (wearing blue vests with the Vox Mundi logo printed on them) will be waiting for you 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of the tour to lead you inside the Basilica, through a reserved entrance
Tour Duration: 1hr 15min
Languages: English, French, German and Italian
MON = 8:30
TUES = 8:30 – 15:30
WED = -THUR = 8:30 – 15:30
FRI = 15:30
SAT = –
SUN = –
Emergency Numbers (on site): +39 348 4852868 – +39 345 6768034
- Reserved Entry
- Official Vatican Guides
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Guided or audio tour of the Basilica
- Guided or audio tour of the Cupola
- Shuttle service to and from the hotel
- Any additional services not previously listed
CANCELLATIONSReservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours before your tour. Cancellations made after this time will not be refunded. IMPORTANT
- The tour begins and ends in St. Peter’s Square. In some cases, it is possible to leave through the Porta del Perugino, located next to the headquarters of the Swiss Guards. You might even be lucky enough to be “greeted” by a Swiss Guard!
- Children under 7 don’t pay. Please provide child’s proof of age upon entry
- Appropriate clothing must be worn to enter the Vatican*
- Visitors must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their ticket/voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of each visitor to arrive at the meeting point on time.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered
- Vests, camisoles or shorts are not allowed, either for men or women
- Visitors not dressed appropriately will not be allowed to enter the Basilica.
Adults (18-99) … … € 59,00
Reduced (7-17) … …. € 39,00
Free (0-6) … … … … € 0,00
prices are per person