Combo: St Peter’s Basilica and Mosaic School guided tour
Enjoy an exclusive tour of the Vatican City that not only offers reserved entry into St. Peter’s square and a tour of the Basilica, but also includes a visit to the Mosaic School (or Studio).
Our staff will meet you in the Square and lead you to the entrance of the Basilica, where your tour will begin. You will be guided through the most famous and fascinating church in the world.
This tour will allow you to discover both the most famous and the more hidden parts of this temple of Christianity, including Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and Bernini’s Baldachin.
Following the visit of the Basilica, you will continue your discovery of the Vatican City State, as you wander within its walls, until you reach the Mosaic School.
Not everyone knows that St. Peter’s Basilica does not have any paintings but that its walls are instead adorned with spectacular mosaics. It is for this reason that a visit to the Mosaic School – lead by expert of the School – is the best possible way to end this type of tour.
DURATIONapprox. 2hrs 30min
RESERVED ENTRYSkip the queues to enter the Basilica
GUIDED TOUROfficial Vatican guides (St. Peter’s Basilica)
Departs from: St Peter’s Square – Vatican City
Meeting point: The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of the square, OUTSIDE the colonnade, in front of the Vatican Post Office (see map). Our staff (wearing blue vests with the Vox Mundi logo printed on them) will be waiting for you 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of the tour to lead you inside the Basilica, through a reserved entrance
Duration: approx. 2hrs 30min
Languages: English, French, German and Italian
Reservations: min 2 pax
MON = 8:30
TUES = 8:30 – 15:30
THURS = 8:30 – 15:30
FRI = 15:30
Emergency Numbers (on site): +39 348 4852868 – +39 345 6768034
• Reserved entry
• Official Vatican Guides
• Radio guides
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Guided or Audio guided tour of the Cupola
• Shuttle service to and from the Hotel
• Any additional services not previously listed
Reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours before your tour. Cancellations made after this time will not be refunded.
• The tour begins and ends in St. Peter’s Square. In some cases, it is possible to leave through the Porta del Perugino, located next to the headquarters of the Swiss Guards. You might even be lucky enough to be “greeted” by a Swiss Guard!
• Children under 7 don’t pay. Please provide child’s proof of age upon entry
• Appropriate clothing must be worn to enter the Vatican*
• Visitors must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their ticket/voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of each visitor to arrive at the meeting point on time.
• Shoulders and knees must be covered
• Vests, camisoles or shorts are not allowed, either for men or women
• Visitors not dressed appropriately will not be allowed to enter the Basilica.
TICKET PRICES (min reservation: 2 persons)
Adults (18-99) … … € 75,00
Reduced (7-17) … … € 55,00
Prices are per person