Combo: St Peter’s Basilica and Cupola audioguided tour
Roam freely on a tour that will take you from the earth to the sky and back. The Cupola della Basilica (that the Romans affectionately call “Cuppolone” –from the Roman dialect, meaning “The big Cupola”) is the highest point in the city of Rome.
You can reach the base of the Cupola by lift (avoiding 171 steps!). From here you will be able to enjoy a breathtaking view of the inside of the Basilica. Walk up to the level above (the Lantern) and treat yourself to a spectacular view over the Eternal City, one that can’t be matched anywhere else. Enjoy the Vatican Gardens, the Papal Palaces, the roof of the Sistine Chapel (and the chimney used during the election of the pope…)
Continue with the audio guided tour of St Peter’s Basilica where you’ll be able to admire the majesty of the “Queen” of all churches. See where St. Peter was buried and discover some of the most secret and hidden corners of the Cathedral, the heart of Catholic Rome.
DURATIONapprox. 2hrs 30min
RESERVED ENTRYavoid 2 queues: one to enter the Basilica, the other to reach the Cupola
LIFTskip the first 171 steps
AUDIOGUIDED VISITinteractive audio guide
Departs from: St Peter’s Square –Vatican City
Meeting point: The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of the square, OUTSIDE the colonnade, in front of the Vatican Post Office (see map). Our staff (wearing blue vests with the Vox Mundi logo printed on them) will be waiting for you 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of the tour in order to lead you inside the Basilica, through a reserved entrance.
• Download of the official audio guide in one of 11 available languages
• Entry to the Cupola
• Reserved entry (to both the Basilica and the Cupola)
• Lift to the first level of the Cupola (skipping 171 steps)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Headphones (you can use your own or buy them at the desk for €1,00)
• Shuttle service to and from the Hotel
• Any additional services not previously listed
Services may be cancelled up to 1 hour before the tour. Cancellations made after this time will not be refunded.
• This tour is not recommended for those who suffer from claustrophobia and/or vertigo and those over 75
• Children under 7 don’t pay. Please provide child’s proof of age upon entry
• Appropriate clothing must be worn to enter the Vatican*
• Visitors must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their ticket/voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of each visitor to arrive at the meeting point on time.
• Shoulders and knees must be covered
• Vests, camisoles or shorts are not allowed, either for men or women
• Visitors not dressed appropriately will not be allowed to enter the Basilica
Adults (18-99) … … € 42,00
Reduced (7-17) … … € 33,00
Free (0-6) … … … … € 0,00
Prices are per person